June 25, 2004

fried green tomatoes

I just spent the whole morning - still quite sleepy - watching fried green tomatoes...

I never could have guessed that this is such a beautiful movie, at least not by that title. but it's great!
subtext or not, it couldn't have been any better. I do think the lesbian relationship is implied, especially in the food fight scene and while I usually don't at all mind physicial stuff ;) in this case it was for the best that it wasn't so obvious - that only made the story stronger. the best things are those that you have to imagine...

also great acting, especially from Mary Stuart Masterson; Idgie is just a girl to fall in love with...

only thing that was a bit shocking was the human bbq. "the secret's in the sauce" - uch. gave me the creeps.

gotta get the book though.

No comments: