June 20, 2004

melancholy

it just occured to me, that maybe I simply am a melancholy-person.
a beautiful song - weather like it is today.. and within seconds my heart seems to cry out in pain and joy at the same time. the wintery smell of spring in a summer that has not yet begun. the splashing of the rain. the noise that cars make when they drive through a wet street. the usual lights on - the sign of the restaurants, the odd window. when tv is too fast, when everything but me and the music is.

How can I go home with nothing to say Ani DiFranco singing my melancholy ...

I feel so vulnerable lately. as if one harsh word could kill me, one not returned or not made phone call. in fact the phone staying silent all day has it's advantages as well. everything is silent and motionless.

No comments: