May 29, 2005

yep, that's how gay I am...

one night in a women only place and the next day I flip through a magazine and am truly shocked to read something about men. I swear, when I read "how men should shave" I really had that huh?-moment. kind of: who's interested in that? until I realised that I was actually reading some kind of women-targeted advertising thingy, and yep, those sheets do seem to be exclusively straight. as any other kind of women's mag which is widely available in this straight-jacketed country. can I please exaggerate here just once? thank you. :) no idea if you can get girlfriends or curve here - haven't seen either at a kiosk - but I have begun to think about why those women's magazines are never targeted at both straight and queer women? not only could I finally stop wondering what the result of those quizzes could actually mean if you're not (exclusively) into dicks. There are also purely altruistic reasons: the publishers could make a fortune more if they would also attract queer women...

well, I guess that was my thought of the day. and now I will go back to studying, cause that is what I was hereby procrastinating. so long, and thanks for all the fish!

1 comment:

finn said...

good procrastination, i think.
procrastination is not the problem ist the solution. procrastinate now, don't put it off...ellen knew what she was talking about.
you go and tell those magazines to make tests about which women is right for the reader...