December 02, 2008

music to my ears

I've had two longer posts in planning for about a week now. I just can't seem to get around to writing them. What I can do quickly though is this one here.

YouTube is doing something really awesome, they're casting a symphony orchestra!
It is something I'd totally do, but damn! Why haven't I practiced in such a long time? I've printed out the sheet music for basson and realised I have a hard time reading it. Like, a really hard time. But maybe my fingers will know where to go automatically. After all, that's how music always used to work for me. Also, I'm not even sure I can play this piece. After years of not playing it looks real hard to me.

I was planning to begin playing again, but I thought I would do it after getting my braces off. They're a bit of a pain when trying to wrap your lips around your teeth is a fundamental part of playing your instrument of choice. But maybe I will try. It sure looks like a good push.

No comments: