July 18, 2004

be happy or save the world

final fantasy is pretty cool. looks so real, amazing. and I like the story though it's very confusing. I'm usually a do-something-else-while-watching-person but with this one that just doesn't work. so I eventually stopped playing tetris and directed all my concentration to aki & co.
After spiderman 2 last night and final fantasy now I am starting to wonder why love just never seems to work out when someone has to save the world. "I can't be with you." "My calling is putting your life at risk." or "You have to decide. do you want to be happy or do you do your duty." those are already standard sentences. Damn! I mean, it really has to suck to be a hero. imagine your mentor saying: "you want love? then your lover will probably be dead after a few months because chaos breaks out everywhere as you have not saved the world. you want to save the world? good, go ahead. but you can be pretty sure to lose the love of your life because your vocation is simply a full time job. oh, and do not expect gratitude because the world will never know that you saved their lazy buttocks. but hey, mate [hearty tap on your shoulder], you choose :D " that situation seems pretty fucked up to me. but hey, that's why I am not the hero-type. I usually want everything. if I can have that is not up to discussion now.
 
 
my dear reader, of course I am not some confused person who can't tell between reality and irreality. of course I am talking about movies, books and other fiction in the above written example from the depths of my brain ;)

No comments: