August 25, 2005

good morning again

today "cd-burning and labelling" won the category "why I'm still up at this time of the night".

I'm making a Jacques Brel compilation for my mum and I also took the challenge of cutting one song down at the end and creating cover and inlay... looks fine to me... I guess work got to me... cds I burn now have to look vaguely good in order to be given away.

shite. I'm tired. gah. hairdresser's at 10.

I have also discovered striking lyrics-similarities between "dulcinea" and "I know him by heart" (yeah, I know, how weird can you become?) but see for your precious selves:

Dulcinea
I have dreamed thee too long,
Never seen thee or touched thee.
But known thee with all of my heart.
Half a prayer, half a song,
Thou hast always been with me,
Though we have been always apart.


I know him by heart
Cause I know he's out there somewhere
Just beyond my reach
Though I've never really touched him
Or ever heard him speak
Though we've never been together
We've never been apart
No we've never met
Haven't found him yet
But I know him by heart



btw: I get an award for "actually achieved unlikely dumbness"... I burnt water. in a pot. don't ask. I simply forgot to turn off the gas/fire/whatever... I wondered if my nose cheated me with that caramel smell. wondered if I was imagining it because I wanted sweets, but no, I actually managed to burn water. congratulate me!


and even if I keep repeating myself (I'm still waiting for that cd to be done): shite. I'm tired.

No comments: