August 05, 2007

a couch and all it entails

we bought our new couch yesterday. and because it weighs 100 kilos that entailed much pain. both from getting it up to the second floor, which is when I slipped on the stairs (ouch) which pretty much fucked up my back, AND from the fact that it meant shopping at IKEA with the gf and the in-laws. now I do like the in-laws, a lot, but I just don't like it when people try to tell me how to buy things and I end up having to argue against the cheaper cushion just because both the gf and I happen to like the one that's slightly more expensive but also more comfy. But by that point the gf is already doubting her choice because isn't there a point in buying the cheaper one? well, since we can actually afford the better one - no, there's no fucking point! I never had to argue my way through IKEA before, not even with my own parents, so I just skulked slightly ahead of the three of them, engaging only in the most necessary discussions. And then I had lactose-attack - I still can't pinpoint the dairy culprit - and people looked at me sitting at the curb like I was one hell of a junkie...

also I really wanted that tray but most obviously my opinions and decisions don't count on saturdays...

but wait, there's more...

No comments: