November 05, 2007

hit me hard

It just hit me that the writer's strike has actually started. And it has consequences.
Not only is it going to cost the networks and studios millions and billions of dollars (back in 1988 the 5 months strike already cost them 500 million, but now it's 19 years later and both TV and movie productions have become even more expensive). The audience will "feel" this strike too, and in more than simple delays. We might have to settle for a lot less than a usual season.
Now while I'm totally on the writers' side and would so be picketing if I were a writer, the TV addict in me doesn't exactly rejoice.

"Heroes Readies Early Finale

TV Guide.com reported that producers of NBC's Heroes are shooting an alternate ending to the Dec. 3 episode that will wrap up the second season early in the event an expected writers' strike prevents the show from continuing with new episodes.

Citing anonymous sources, the site reported that the episode will function as a season finale; originally, the episode was supposed to serve only as the conclusion to the current "Generations" story arc. Should an 11th-hour agreement be reached and a strike averted, the alternate ending would likely be scrapped, the site reported. (NBC is owned by NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM.)" - sci fi wire

1 comment:

Shazza said...

Now I know I am glad I do not watch TV!!!