July 28, 2008

manic monday meme

I'm doing this weeks, and last weeks as well. That's me playing along :)

Every person you have ever slept with is invited to a banquet where you are the guest of honor. No one will be in attendance except you, the collection of your former lovers, and the catering service. After the meal, you are asked to give a fifteen-minute speech to the assembly. What do you talk about?

"Friends, Romans, ..." Just kidding. That all sounds so formal, why not do something more fun? ;) To be honest, I'd be way more interested in what has happened in their lives than in giving a speech. Also, they'd all think I'd gone nuts if I'd be doing a speech. Or holding a banquet, come to think of it.

What's your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
Staying in, drinking tea or coffee, sitting on a window pane, listening to music and/or reading, playing video games.

Are you a window person or an aisle person? Why? Theoretically I'd be an aisle person, because no matter how short the flight it's almost guaranteed I'm gonna need to pe. However, I'm that bitch that makes the people next to her get up for that because I much prefer the window seat. I like leaning against the wall/window, looking out of the window, feeling a bit remote from whoever's next to me...


And last week's:
What's your favorite beach in the world?
That would probably be Le due sorelle in Italy (Province of Ancona).


Due Sorelle means "two sisters/nuns" and the beach is called that because it is located between two cliffs that look like praying nuns. You have to walk/climb down the mountainside on the Passo del Lupo (Wolf's trail), but then you arrive at a tiny but lovely secluded beach.
We were on a language course with our Italian class and made the trip to Due Sorelle on September, 11, 2001. We were completely alone there, about 12 of us maximum - it was beautiful. We were literally frolicking in the water and sand, when some started getting weird text messages from their parents, but we couldn't quite grasp from them what had happened. And when we finally made the climb back up the huge rock, suddenly it was not only the 11th day of the month but 9/11. Nonetheless Due Sorelle is one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever been to and I hold a very fond memory of that afternoon between the cliffs. Damn, I really have to take Finn there, even though she hates Italy. Must. Find. Way.

What's the next country you want to visit?
The next country I will visit (see: holiday) is Sweden. We're going to fly to Stockholm, rent a car
there and drive down to Smaland where we will stay for a week before driving back up north to Stockholm.

What one thing are you craving today?
Interestingly, I'm craving nothing today. I've been doing quite well with the eating discipline lately :)

1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

We can travel together as I like the window seat!

I played too :)