December 27, 2008

Christmas past

I was bad. I didn't mean to leave my blog unattended for so long, but I've kind of been wrapped up in work and Christmas. I really wanted to wish ya'll a merry Christmas before the event, but I kinda got stuck in my kitchen... I hope you all had a nice couple of days and spent them nicely whomever you wanted to spend them with. What did you do for Christmas and did you have a good time? Any cool presents? :)

I actually had a really nice time. Finn and I had my parents over for dinner on the 24th. Actually, it was more like a roast... I had decided to make turkey for the first time in my life and turned to Nigella Lawson's book Feast. I ended up making maple-roasted turkey, lemony beans, parsnips, roast potatoes and sweet potatoes & marshmallows. And it was good! My mom's still over-the-moon about my food three days later and even my finicky father liked what I cooked.

Then we spent the 25th with Finn's family, whose grandparents behaved... considerably well. And on the 26th we basically curled up at home, sleeping in, stuffing ourselves with leftovers, watching The West Wing, finishing the last season of Angel and playing Lego: Batman - which I got for Christmas from my baby and which is an awesome game by the way, probably even better than Lego: Star Wars :)

We managed to go out to restock our fridge today (that brining turkey sure took up a lot of space pre-roast) and are now back on the couch watching Out at the Wedding (meh). I don't think I'm going to do a lot more tomorrow. Another day off before I have to go back to work on Monday... *sigh*

No comments: