December 29, 2008

The new year and Carrie Fisher (again)

Just another  ...

OK. Now that I have successfully gotten that terrible song stuck in your head, I'll diligently answer this year's last Manic Monday questions. And resolve to do it more often come 2009 :)

What is the biggest mistake you made in 2008 and will not make again in 2009?
Choosing the wrong thesis advisor. That idiot basically fucked up my whole schedule. The chances of me writing another thesis already next year are very slim, but I'll try choosing work partners in general more carefully. Plus: I'm gonna make the best of that thesis and try to win a contest with it. Seriously.

Do you make New Year's resolutions? Why or why not?
I usually decide not to but end up having a couple of "I should"s anyway. If only to make myself feel better about my failures of the past year - "Forget 20XX, 20XY is going to be way different anyway!"


Who do you nominate as “Man or Woman of the Year” for 2008?
Carrie Fisher, because she's talking openly about mental health issues and addiction while being funny. She also gets brownie points for titling her autobiography/stand-up routine Wishful Drinking. That's beyond ingenious. Take that, Angelina Jolie. No wait, Angie! That doesn't mean I don't love you anymore!

What was your greatest accomplishment in 2008?
As lame as it sounds: Finishing university. Actually I'm thinking about going back for a second degree now. Nevermind that I swore never to go back to uni again...

I think this would be a good moment (before I either forget or don't get around to it in time) to say: HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you! I wish you lots of good and may you stay healthy and content in 2009.

1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

Yay for finishing university!

I played too :)