March 10, 2008

why we need a new press agency

Apology to the non-german-speakers, but the following stupidity was just begging to be blogged about (I'll try to translate below):

"Unter dem Motto 'Weg mit der Diskriminierung' will er Gleichgeschlechtlichen, die Verantwortung übernehmen' wollen, ermöglichen, Partnerschaften vor dem Standesamt zu schließen [...]." (APA, 30.09.2007)

Also, ich bin mir relativ sicher, dass ich nicht gleichgeschlechtlich bin... *nachschaut*
________________________________________________

In a press release the Austrian Press Agency basically made the mistake of calling homosexuals "same-sex" instead of "gay". And I'm pretty sure that just because I have a girlfriend I'm not a same-sex person, at least not all by myself...

2 comments:

Shazza said...

Wow...just looking at the word: Gleichgeschlechtlichen makes my head hurt.

mccutcheon said...

LOL... sorry for the headache!